Each year, when ADA releases its final program, we collect lists of oral presentations, late-breakers, and posters and organize them by topic to help you find exactly what you’re looking for – we call these our ADA category documents. Within each ADA cateogry document, we include hyperlinks to the ADA itinerary planner, which you can use to access abstracts and keep track of the talks you want to attend. The system can automatically build an overview of your itinerary (you will need to create an account and sign in to use this feature). The ADA also has a Scientific Sessions mobile app available for free.
Below we have outlined what topics can be found within each of our category documents. Individual abstracts can appear in multiple category documents.
- Diabetes Technology:
- Glucose Monitoring: Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM), blood glucose monitoring (BGM), and flash glucose monitoring.
- Closing the Loop and Insulin Delivery: Automated insulin delivery, insulin pumps, patches, connected insulin pens, and other means of insulin delivery.
- Digital Health: mHealth, the cloud, decision support, and online technologies.
- Diabetes Therapy:
- SGLT Inhibitors: SGLT-2s, SGLT-1s, relevant combination therapies, and investigational indications.
- GLP-1 Agonists + Mounjaro: Approved GLP-1s, GIP/GLP-1 Mounjaro, and investigational indications
- Insulin: Insulin (injectable, oral, and inhaled) and relevant combination therapies.
- Novel Therapies: New drug classes and drugs within existing drug classes under investigation for diabetes, obesity, or related conditions.
- DPP-4 Inhibitors: DPP-4s and relevant combination therapies.
- Beyond A1c and Hypoglycemia: Glycemic outcomes beyond A1c (time-in-ranges, glycemic variability), patient-reported outcomes, hypoglycemia.
- Type 1 "Cure" Therapies, Adjuncts, and Pathophysiology: Cure-based topics and pathophysiology of type 1 diabetes, including predictors of the disease, prevention, and clinical data on cell-based therapies. This also includes adjunct therapies for type 1 diabetes.
- Obesity, Prediabetes, and Remission: Obesity therapies, bariatric surgery, prediabetes care, diabetes prevention, and efforts to reverse type 2 diabetes.
- Policy, Reimbursement, and Education: Models of care delivery for diabetes, treatment guidelines and algorithms, big picture information on the state of diabetes and diabetes care in the US and globally. Also includes select abstracts related to diabetes education and psychosocial support.
- Diabetes Complications: A curated collection of abstracts on diabetes complications, weighted towards nephropathy, retinopathy, and macrovascular disease.
- NAFLD/NASH: Includes all abstracts related to the treatment of fatty liver disease.